Community & Partnerships
Silverhill is not part of a Multi Academy Trust. We are Local Authority maintained and we see no significant benefit, in the current educational climate, to join a MAT.
However, we are part of a number of collaborative partnerships which prove to be beneficial to both raising standards for our children and furthering professional development and career opportunities for our staff.
These are our partnerships:
Secondary school links
- Murray Park, John Port & Littleover - work experience
- Murray Park (Students visit LKS2 pupils) - reading sessions / Yr6 pupils MFL sessions
- Murray Park (Science departments) - Year 5/6 Visit
- John Port - Teachers visit Silverhill to observe Yr 6 for transition purposes
- John Port - Y6 Maths challenge (summer term)
- George Spencer Academy – Initial Teacher Training students visits to Silverhill
- George Spencer Academy – Our Maths team are part of the GSA 'Maths Hub' – focus 2019/20 on 'Developing teaching for Mastery' & Yr 5-8 maths transition
- Derby Research School - We have staff who are training to be: 'Metacognition Lead' & 'Teaching for Memory Lead'
- Derby School Sports Partnership - Silverhill is a 'Gold Award school'
- Mickleover schools - financial benchmarking
- Derby University - student placements
- PEIP 24 - Primary Education Improvement Partnership – Silverhill are one of 16 member schools. Mr Gallagher also sits on the management group for PEIP 24
Derby City Local Authority links
- City Transition Meetings
- Derby City Schools forum – Our Business manager (Jason Coupland) is a Primary Representative
- Governor Support team - Jason Coupland is a Local Leader of Governance (LLG)
Special Educational Needs links
- Mickleover Nurseries and Schools - SEND Development Team (Silverhill are the lead school)
- Locality 3 & 4 SENCo's Network
- LA SENCo Network
- Parental SEND Group
- LA SEND Peer review challenges